Also Known as: RN, Clinic Registered Nurse, Triage Registered Nurse, Nurse Clinician
Average Earnings Over Time
Salaries may vary per region
Assess patient health problems and needs, develop and implement nursing care plans, and maintain medical records. Administer nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients. May advise patients on health maintenance and disease prevention or provide case management. Licensing or registration required.
Top Skills for this Job
- Social Perceptiveness
- Active Listening
- Service Orientation
- Reading Comprehension
- Critical Thinking
- Judgment and Decision Making
Top Tasks for this Job
- Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records.
- Monitor, record, and report symptoms or changes in patients' conditions.
- Record patients' medical information and vital signs.
- Modify patient treatment plans as indicated by patients' responses and conditions.
- Consult and coordinate with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement, or evaluate patient care plans.
- Monitor all aspects of patient care, including diet and physical activity.
- Direct or supervise less-skilled nursing or healthcare personnel or supervise a particular unit.
- Prepare patients for and assist with examinations or treatments.
- Assess the needs of individuals, families, or communities, including assessment of individuals' home or work environments, to identify potential health or safety problems.
- Instruct individuals, families, or other groups on topics such as health education, disease prevention, or childbirth and develop health improvement programs.
- Prepare rooms, sterile instruments, equipment, or supplies and ensure that stock of supplies is maintained.
- Refer students or patients to specialized health resources or community agencies furnishing assistance.
- Consult with institutions or associations regarding issues or concerns relevant to the practice and profession of nursing.
- Administer medications to patients and monitor patients for reactions or side effects.
Top Education for this Job
- Medicine and Dentistry
- Customer and Personal Service
- English Language
- Therapy and Counseling
- Education and Training
- Sociology and Anthropology
- Computers and Electronics
Schools near you:
Find This Job
Get Some Help
Career Guides near you:
Popular Paths for Registered Nurses
Healthcare Popular Path
Healthcare Popular Path