Also Known as: Electrical Panel Wirer, Electrical Wiring Technician, Maintenance Electrician, Industrial Electrician, Service Electrician
Average Earnings Over Time
Salaries may vary per region
Help electricians by performing duties requiring less skill. Duties include using, supplying or holding materials or tools, and cleaning work area and equipment.
Top Skills for this Job
- Active Listening
- Quality Control Analysis
Top Tasks for this Job
- Trace out short circuits in wiring, using test meter.
- Measure, cut, and bend wire and conduit, using measuring instruments and hand tools.
- Maintain tools, vehicles, and equipment and keep parts and supplies in order.
- Drill holes and pull or push wiring through openings, using hand and power tools.
- Perform semi-skilled and unskilled laboring duties related to the installation, maintenance and repair of a wide variety of electrical systems and equipment.
- Disassemble defective electrical equipment, replace defective or worn parts, and reassemble equipment, using hand tools.
- Transport tools, materials, equipment, and supplies to work site by hand, handtruck, or heavy, motorized truck.
- Examine electrical units for loose connections and broken insulation and tighten connections, using hand tools.
- Strip insulation from wire ends, using wire stripping pliers, and attach wires to terminals for subsequent soldering.
- Thread conduit ends, connect couplings, and fabricate and secure conduit support brackets, using hand tools.
- Construct controllers and panels, using power drills, drill presses, taps, saws, and punches.
- Clean work area and wash parts.
- Erect electrical system components and barricades, and rig scaffolds, hoists, and shoring.
- Install copper-clad ground rods, using a manual post driver.
- Raise, lower, or position equipment, tools, and materials, using hoist, hand line, or block and tackle.
- Dig trenches or holes for installation of conduit or supports.
- Break up concrete, using airhammer, to facilitate installation, construction, or repair of equipment.
Top Education for this Job
- English Language
- Building and Construction
- Customer and Personal Service
Schools near you:
Get Some Help
Career Guides near you: