Computer Systems Analysts
Also Known as: IT Systems Analyst, IT Support Analyst, IT Technical Analyst, Application Systems Analyst, Systems Analyst
Average Earnings Over Time
Salaries may vary per region
Analyze science, engineering, business, and other data processing problems to implement and improve computer systems. Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations. May analyze or recommend commercially available software.
Top Skills for this Job
- Reading Comprehension
- Active Listening
- Critical Thinking
- Systems Analysis
- Active Learning
- Complex Problem Solving
- Judgment and Decision Making
Top Tasks for this Job
- Provide staff and users with assistance solving computer related problems, such as malfunctions and program problems.
- Test, maintain, and monitor computer programs and systems, including coordinating the installation of computer programs and systems.
- Confer with clients regarding the nature of the information processing or computation needs a computer program is to address.
- Coordinate and link the computer systems within an organization to increase compatibility and so information can be shared.
- Consult with management to ensure agreement on system principles.
- Expand or modify system to serve new purposes or improve work flow.
- Train staff and users to work with computer systems and programs.
- Assess the usefulness of pre-developed application packages and adapt them to a user environment.
- Define the goals of the system and devise flow charts and diagrams describing logical operational steps of programs.
- Develop, document and revise system design procedures, test procedures, and quality standards.
- Use the computer in the analysis and solution of business problems, such as development of integrated production and inventory control and cost analysis systems.
- Troubleshoot program and system malfunctions to restore normal functioning.
Top Education for this Job
- Computers and Electronics
- English Language
- Customer and Personal Service
Schools near you:
Find This Job
Get Some Help
Career Guides near you: