What is hospitality and tourism all About?
If you have a passion for Tennessee and all our state has to offer, thrive in fast-paced environments, and enjoy working with people, hospitality and tourism might be the right fit for you! Represent Tennessee by considering this large, growing industry.
Hospitality and tourism is a vast industry with many types of employers, including
- Hotels and resorts
- Restaurants and food service
- Meeting and event planners
- Tourism destinations and attractions
- Leisure, recreation, and sports managers
- Airlines, cruises, and other transportation
- Cultural tourism development agencies
- Spa and wellness services
What kind of skills do I need?
Hospitality and tourism is a people-driven industry where people management and customer service abilities are key. Helpful skills include:
- Customer Service—Working in hospitality and tourism means having a positive attitude and going above and beyond to help customers
- Creative problem solving—Hospitality and tourism workers find creative ways to help make someone’s day a little better
- Teamwork—Many workers function as part of a team, which requires excellent communication and
- Business and management skills—Many hospitality and tourism jobs include management responsibilities and strategic thinking