Healthcare professionals do?
There are hundreds of different
- Direct patient care—Working directly with patients to provide care and treatment, like a nurse, therapist, or emergency medical technician
- Administration—Working in the business and support end of healthcare, like medical billers,
healthcareIT professionals, and healthcaremanagement
What kind of skills do I need?
There are many types of
- Empathy—Understanding and sympathizing with people going through difficult situations is a key aspect of healthcare
- Teamwork skills—Many
healthcarejobs require you to work as part of a team to provide the best possible care to patients
- Communication skills—Communicating with patients and other
healthcareprofessionals is an important part of a well-run healthcareteam
- A positive attitude—Healthcare is a high-pressure industry where it’s important to maintain a positive attitude, as well as flexibility, time management, and a strong work ethic